Water, sanitation and hygiene: an overlooked adaptation solution for climate change
Read our brief on the key role of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services in increasing resilience to the effects of climate change, and recommendations for how governments can urgently boost progress.
The world needs to act now to protect communities from the impacts of climate change. Yet progress is too slow. WASH services will reduce vulnerability to climate impacts, and help close the gap on gender, education, prosperity and health inequalities, all of which are needed for community and individual resilience. However, these adaptation solutions need financing, which, to date, has been insufficient across the world.
Read our brief to learn:
- why WASH is a critical adaptation intervention
- what is needed to ensure WASH climate solutions are sustainable and resilient
- how WASH contributes to adaptation
- which principles of inclusivity to apply to solutions
- our recommendations for governments ahead of and during COP27
- Water, sanitation and hygiene: an overlooked adaptation solution for climate change
- Eau, assainissement et hygiene: une mesure d'adaptation au changement climatique qui reste méconnue
- Agua, saneamiento e higiene: una solución ignorada para la adaptació al cambio climático
- Agua, saneamento e higiene: uma solução negligenciada de adaptação às mudanças climáticas
- Wasser, sanitarversorgung und hygiene (WASH): übersehene lösungsbeiträge zur anpassung an den klimawandel